Tuesday, October 27, 2009

NBA Begins Tonight

My apologies. Lost my internet last night, so I was unable to post last night.

The Word Of The Day is Emergence.

As I write this, the Boston Celtics have already won their opener on the road at Cleveland. That win already gives the Celtics the early nod as the Eastern Conference favorite. Rasheed Wallace looked impressive in his Celtics debut, and the Celtics bench is MUCH deeper than it was a year ago. The Celtics can run their second team against some of the weaker first teams in the league and be better. 'Sheed's prediction of 73 wins is going to come short I think, but not by much. I see them as a 67, 68 win team this year.

The Raiders shot themselves in the foot letting Jeff Garcia go before the season started. Now they are stuck with JaMarcus "Incomplete" Russell at the quarterback position.

I think Tom Brady is back. I could be wrong, but I think he's back.

The World Series starts tomorrow. That means I have to listen to all the Yankees hacks proclaim how they are back and are the best in the world. (Unfortunately, living in NY as a Red Sox fan is NOT a recommended idea. I could be wrong. Fuck that, I know I'm right.) With that in mind, I'm picking the Phillies in 7. I won't pick the Yankees. Ever. Even if I think they are the better team. It's going to be an explosive series offensively, because other than the two aces (Sabathia and Lee), the pitching staffs aren't that solid.

What is with the officiating in the SEC this year? There hasn't been any complaints from any other conference this year, yet the officiating in the SEC has been ridiculous. We've seen one crew already suspended for a game, and now two coaches have been fined for speaking out against the crews in their games. Fix it.

It's gonna be a short blog tonight. Just not feeling so good. Probably a longer blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment