Monday, November 16, 2009

What the Deuce??

The Word of the Day is Dumb.

What in the hell was Bill Belichick thinking? Fourth and two on your own 29, Peyton Manning on the other side of the field, and two minutes left in the game. WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING FOR IT ON FORUTH AND TWO???????? I don't want to hear all of this statistical crap about how Belichick and company hits on fourth down 75% of the time, or that the Patriots defense had let the Colts run up and down the field in the fourth quarter. Unless you can GUARANTEE WITH 100% CERTAINTY that you will hit on fourth down, you PUNT, PUNT, PUNT.

Congratulations to Michelle Wie. She has had to endure a lot of unabashed criticism with the way that her father has advised her career. This is huge for Michelle's career, because now with the orangutuan off her back, she won't have to deal with the Anna Kournikova comparisons anymore. I think this is the start of a legendary career. One thing that has been overlooked this year is how close Wie has been to winning this year. She's had two second place finishes and two third place finishes. I will be the first one to go on the record right now and say that Wie WILL win a major championship next year, and in fact, my prediction will be she wins the Nabisco Championship. You heard it here first.

Nice to see the NFL took a very hard stance on Bud Adams. His egregious actions flipping off the Bills sideline is ridiculous. As an owner of a team, and a representative of the NFL, Adams MUST be held to a higher standard. The $250k fine is a great start, however, I would like to see a little bit more. First off, I think a full page apology from Bud Adams in the Buffalo News needs to be in order. I also think Adams needs to donate some money to a local charity, ideally the same amount as his fine.

Skip Bayless must be eating his words right about now. Chad Ochocinco boldly predicted that the Bengals would finish 12-4 this year. After sweeping both Baltimore and Pittsburgh, I don't see any way they don't finish 12-4 and win the AFC North. Right now they are in line for the #2 seed in the AFC, giving them an important bye and home field for the divisional round.

Manny Pacquiao was extremely impressive in his win over Miguel Cotto Saturday night. I am looking forward to a PacMan vs Money Mayweather matchup next year. This should be a match of the century candidate.

Congratulations to Andrew Bailey and Chris Coghlan for winning the American and National League Rookie Of The Year awards. Both players deserved to win, and both players flew under the radar for most of the season. I'm glad the writers went for the best years instead of the most hyped, as Elvis Andrus and Andrew McCutcheon didn't quite do enough to earn the awards. For McCutcheon that wasn't his fault though, as the Pirates waited until June to call him up.

So at midnight ESPN will be running 24 hours straight of LIVE NCAA basketball games to kick off the 2009-10 season. I'm looking forward to watching all 24 hours of their coverage, seeing teams that normally wouldn't get national TV coverage.

I swore to myself I wasn't going to mention the situation with Allen Iverson and the Grizzlies, but here it is. I knew that it was never going to work, because Iverson's ego was going to get in the way.

I'm going to skip the Browns/Ravens game tonight. The only way I would watch this game is if I wanted to sleep. And since I just woke up, I really don't want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment